Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Working With Dogs and other Dog topics.
If you're a dog lover and you're trying to find a career that will let you work with dogs, there's a number of options to consider. Here's a partial list:
• Veterinarian – diagnose and treat ailing animals, including dogs
• Veterinary Technician – assist in the diagnosis and treatment of ailing animals, including dogs
• Dog Trainer – teach an owner and dog, basic canine obedience and address specific training and behavioral issues.
• Dog Handler – care for, train, and handle a dog in the show ring
• Canine Physical Therapist – assist in the physical recovery of a canine from surgery or other health issues
• Canine Animal Behaviorist – diagnose behavioral issues in dogs and recommend treatment, including medication
• Animal Shelter Director – run the facility of an animal care facility for homeless pets, including administration duties
• Doggy Daycare Owner – run a boarding facility to care for pets while their owners are away