Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Frequently asked questions and other Dog topics.
If you're laying out a kennel for your dog, it can be a daunting task to start if you've never done it before. Here's a few ideas to help make the process go a little bit easier:
• Make the inner chamber of your kennel large enough for your dog to lie down comfortably.
• Make the clearance height of the kennel at least six inches taller than your dog's head.
• Use a hard surface for flooring that is easy to clean like concrete.
• Concrete block is recommended for wall construction. Although it is higher in cost than wood, it will last longer, be easier to clean, and be lower in maintenance costs.
• Use insulation batting to keep the kennel warm and a ceiling fan for summer months.
• Place windows about five feet above the floor to allow natural lighting and placement of cabinets or other storage items.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|