Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Jobs for Dogs and other Dog topics.
You may have thought that your lovable, adorable canine would make a good therapy dog. After all, you think he's great and so would other folks, right?
To see if your dog really is cut out to be a therapy dog, check the following criteria for therapy work:
• Your dog is generally friendly and tolerant of all types of people, young and old.
• Your dog is amiable to being handled and petted by strangers.
• Your dog is well trained and will respond to basic obedience commands.
• Your dog is not skittish or alarmed by sudden noises.
• Your dog adjusts well to new situations and surroundings.
If your dog can meet all the above, then he'll make a perfect therapy dog. It's a great way to get involved in the community and put your canine towards the worthwhile cause of helping those in need.