Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Dog Food and other Dog topics.
A healthy alternative to feeding your dog commercial dog food is to cook it yourself. This way, you'll know exactly what your dog is eating he won't be consuming meat by-products and preservatives that are in many commercial dog foods.
You can try some of the following to see what you canine likes:
• Ground turkey, Chicken wings and thighs
• Brown Rice
• Vegetables such as carrots, corn, peas, and squash
• Most nuts (excluding macadamia nuts, which is toxic to your dog)
Avoid onions, garlic, sugary foods and salt. If you keep your food list simple and are consistent, you'll find that home cooked meals are an inexpensive way to keep your dog healthy and resistant to disease.
corn is not to good for dog it is used as a filler
Dogs dont digest corn so it shouldnt be fed. Also dried foods with corn in should be avoided.
Its very hard to feed a dog the balanced diet that he needs. So if you want to cook dogfood yourself make sure you read a lot before you start or you can end up making your dog very ill.
thank yoo! now i know what to feed my puppy.
I think it's obvious that dogs should NOT have chicken wings or anything with bones in it.
1. Before cooking for your dog it is very important to consult with a dog nutritionist to make sure your dog is getting everything they need!
2. Any tree nut can be unhealthy or toxic, not just macademia nuts, but also almonds, cashews, and pecans, for example.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|