Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Dog Grooming and other Dog topics.
The most common cause of bad breath in otherwise healthy dogs is the build-up of tartar and plaque on their teeth. In order to correct this problem, there are a few things that you can do:
• Take your canine to an annual veterinary exam that includes a dental checkup.
• Feed your dog dry pet food that will help slow down the build-up of plaque and tartar.
• Give your dog a rawhide chew or nylon bone to help get rid of plaque and tartar.
• Don't neglect to brush your dog's teeth. He should have them brushed at least once a week.
• Get a mouth wash or spray specifically formulated for canines to help reduce bacteria.